Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Blood Ties. This is not a positive review. And there are spoilers

I’m not exactly sure how I found this recent fictional podcast. But I recall it ranked quite high and was narrated by some film and TV actors.  I don’t think I’ve listened to any fictional podcasts before but it was from the same producers of Dr. Death (non-fictional) that was very well done.

So Blood Ties.  Tasty setting, modern plot, evil theme and good audio atmosphere (hey, there’s probably a foley guy that deserves some credit).  That’s it.   Sorry.  It did kill some time while walking my dog, heading to the gym and doing dishes, but come on...give me a twist at least.  It was truly soap-operaish.   I’m not sure what they were aiming for or who this was intended for, I’m just glad it was only 6 short episodes.  But wait, there’s more...a cliff hanger.  You could see it coming a mile away, oh please.  

I don’t know how I fell for this, genius marketing, boredom, social-media AI, doesn’t matter.  Don’t waste your time, there’s so much real and worthwhile entertainment available.  Or you could just write your own better story.

No comments: