Tuesday, December 13, 2005

How to proceed ?

I've been in a bit of a jam on this blog thing. I like the idea and the medium, but I'm having trouble keeping up a regular publishing routine. Any preference ? Short, casual posts or better prepared, deep content with lots of pics and links ?

I was thinking of adding a footer to my yahoo emails that would perhaps bring some new eyeballs here, but I am a little reluctant without increasing the frequency of new content. Anyone have any brainy ideas on how to monitor a web site (like my blog) for updates ? [Actually I just found a few - changenotes.com, changedetection.com and timelyweb.com] Or do I just send out a mass reminder to a reader list when I post something new - but doesn't that defeat the purpose a little ?

I've got quite a long list of topics that hopefully you'll find interesting, but my little perfectionist sidekick on my shoulder says I've got to keep the quality up - hence the spontaneity conflict of the posts.

I could always draw on my vast collection of inner thoughts (well a few anyway) or past stories (e.g. the Lads saga - I can hear the oh-nos already) !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,

When you've time, drop a note or two. When you haven't - don't worry.

I don't hit your blog every day and I love your work. I'm happy to read anything you put up regardless of how regular you are (cue ar*e gag's).

Just like the Betta - go with the flow PJ.

RinkyDink

Anonymous said...

I'm with Cuz.

Whatever and whenever. It's a nice procrastination tool for me to check out once in a while.

You want inactivity check out http://stvhrst.blogspot.com/

As you can see, after a year I have not really made the effort. I tend to like the idea of it more than the doing of it. However you may inspire me.