Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blossom tourists


Blossom tourists - #163/365, originally uploaded by PJMixer.
As you've perhaps seen in many recent shots, Toronto is in full bloom these days. I've seen some beautiful blooming trees in my neighbourhood, but my wife wanted to see the collection of tree blossoms in High Park, so I went along with my full camera bag. I actually suggested we wait to later afternoon so the sunlight would not be so harsh. However, the afternoon turned quite cloudy and the light was a little too flat, especially for the pale colours.

My wife had heard that there were bus loads of tourists on a previous day, but I dismissed it thinking it was a one-off. However, when we arrived at High Park (after battling some heavier than normal traffic en-route), I couldn't believe the thousands of tourists. I don't think I'd never seen so many tourists (mostly Asian) at any Toronto tourist location - it actually reminded me of London's most popular sights, like Trafalgar Square.

So it was rather difficult to actually capture the beauty of the blossoms, but the day to produce some interesting opportunities to photograph people.

No comments: