Wednesday, November 24, 2010

'ello 'ello 'ello


'ello 'ello 'ello, originally uploaded by PJMixer.
I took a quite few shots here in Hudson's Bay lower level as the tones, lighting and the reflective top of the garbage can opened up a variety of ideas. I must have been there quite some time and I'm sure I was a rather unusual site, but I didn't really notice the time as I was focused on capturing a good shot. Finally a very polite, casually dreshed Englishman with an earpiece approached me and said that I wasn't allowed to take photographs in the store. I apologized and said I'd get in touch with the store if I used the shots [commercially], he was actually kind enough to give me the name of the store manager. I asked him his name and thought briefly about a 100 Stranger shot, but I know security people never want their photo taken. It's odd, but it seems that the majority of security people I've met while pushing the limits of legal photography (incl. Peter at Hudson's Bay) have been very polite and I often take a moment to have a brief chat with them. When I reviewed the shots later, I noticed I actually caught Peter in one of the shots (but not really appropriate for a Stranger entry, pity).


No comments: