Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Desmond

I was photographing the old facade of O'Keefe House (Now Ryerson's G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education) when Desmond said hello and told me a little about himself and the building.

Desmond told me the building used to be the offices for O'Keefe breweries, with the top floor being the office of the business mogul E. P. Taylor. The brewery was located next door at the corner of Victoria and Dundas. I hadn't looked very closely at the sculpture on the building until Desmond pointed out they were holding barley grains designating the connection to brewing beer.

Desmond is a program director at The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education, part of Ryerson University. Thanks for sharing a little about old Toronto and its architecture.

Desmond is #84 in my 100 strangers project.

No comments: