Thursday, January 03, 2013

Movie Reviews - December 2012


    Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
      Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)
     
    Quite disappointing...reminded me that I'm not a fan of Knightley. Not as funny as the trailer made out. As a write the review and replay the trailer, apart from an ok premise and a few fringe comedic bits, I can't recall much of anything that I liked. Sorry.

    Skyfall
      Skyfall (2012)
     
    One of the best Bond movies ever, if not THE best. Superb balance of action and deep plot elements that reveal some of the secrets of Bond and his world. Opening fast action sequence was superb, as was the more emotionally charged scenes and the wonderfully set bit in Taipei and the magnificent closing. Should not disappoint any Bond fan and may even grab some new fans too.
    Rabbit Hole
      Rabbit Hole (2010)
     
    The beauty of the human condition - wonderfully and colorfully portrayed. Complex, real characters. Maybe gimmicky, but I liked the parallel universes bit. I didn't find it depressing, I found it powerful, moving and important.
    Eat Pray Love
      Eat Pray Love (2010)
     
    Can't be all bad if they feature Young's Heart of Gold and Harvest Moon in the soundtrack. It took a long (messy) trek to deliver the simple messages, but I enjoyed the ride and the view. Corny, but nice. Some deep thought takeaways: finding what matters amongst the mess; forgive yourself; God dwells within me as me; spend some time to think less.

No comments: