Tuesday, March 31, 2020

I'm Going to Break Your Heart

This one may be a little difficult to find - I watched it on an Air Canada fight under the Canadian Content section.

This is a documentary about the emotional and creative relationship of Chantal Kreviazuk and Raine Maida.  You may recognize her name from Canadian music fame and perhaps his because he is the lead singer of the band Our Lady Peace.  My wife is a big fan of their new music duo MOON VS SUN and we saw them play live a while ago here in Toronto.


 

The movie is difficult to watch at times - I definitely felt he was real and she was a little theatrical.  But maybe that’s just how they are.

Uneasy because of similarities to my relationship with my wife.  Or dare I say many husbands and their wives.  Sure he’s a dope at times, but she’s also appears difficult.  Maybe extremes of us?

Interesting to see what went into the songs.  We saw them perform many songs from the album a few months ago.

Their therapist was too weird for me and I felt created some disingenuous interaction.

I’m not certain I believe it and I’m worried for them.

It feels wrong to even comment about these real people.

Maybe their expectations for writing in Saint Pierre et Miquelon were too high.   Sunny California had far less friction and seemed to warm their hearts.  Saint Pierre et Miquelon was just too damn cold.

But the tension and times of tenderness and love makes for some good music.  And that’s how they deal with their challenges by singing about it out loud.

7/10 for putting it all out there.

2 comments:

Suzanne Sewell said...

Who are you calling difficult?
Is there a dog in this scenario?

PJMixer said...

You're the best kind, you think you're difficult...