Monday, October 12, 2020

What’s the Point?

Why am I writing these blogs, making these videos and tweeting these tweets?

Because I think somewhere there’s someone who needs a new idea, appreciates the beauty of the everyday or learn how to tell their own story.


This is my story.  I’m choosing to tell it through photography and video and mixing the old tunes with the new for the soundtrack. 


My last vlog was a simple three mins of me talking about the beauty of one of the city’s urban ravines.  As I said in the video, I wasn’t pretending to deliver anything grand or philosophical, I was just happy, exploring the city, capturing that beauty with some wonderful cool technology and being honest, being myself.  There’s a hint in the video that I’d like to talk more about what I’m learning about videography, of which, there’s already a modest tech starter project in the works.  Although how-to is a massive market and I’m an avid follower of some real creators, I’d like to produce something more natural, more personal.  This is a record of my life and perhaps it can put a smile on someone’s face (MB’s comment) or inspire others to make something creative and share it as well - and then we can talk about, over a beer one day (reminder to talk to JWH).

No comments: