Sunday, January 31, 2021

Soul and the WHY

Deep thoughts after watching a new Pixar movie called Soul.

I don’t think there is such a thing.

But if we’re looking for something more than the physical, maybe that’s what it could represent.

I often talk about my professional world as WHY, WHAT and HOW.

WHAT is happening? WHAT is it?  That’s quite clear to see, most of the time.  There’s a lot, but you can observe WHAT.

HOW it is? HOW things work?  That may take more education, research and understanding, but you can figure out HOW.

But WHY - that is the question.  The WHATs and HOWs are objective, but the WHY is subjective.  Now we’re getting into meaning and questions of existentialism.  Who has the creds to answer that question?  Perhaps a priest, a yogi, a philosopher or someone that just saw a thought-provoking movie.

I think it’s yours to make it yours.  You get to choose the WHY.  No one is going to say you’re wrong.  It can be for good or could contain very little and it can come in many shapes and sizes.  I hope we all can construct, visualize, believe or simply feel comfort in knowing the WHY in their life.  

Oh, and the Pixar animation was superb, and the jazz, and the humour - lots to enjoy.  The stuff about souls, I’m not so sure, but that’s just my view of this crazy thing we call life.  

No comments: