Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Stop the world (for 8 hours at least)

First, apologies for the lapse on bloggage.

Second, what got me to finally get back to the personal keyboard ?..a decent movie of course.
Lord of War was recommended by my brother quite a while ago and I just watched it tonight. I can't really say it was a great movie, because of the feeling it left with me. Don't want to spoil it here, but maybe I can disguise my thoughts this way...the movie points to an complex part of how the world works today, one that I can understand exists and why it exists. Something I and most accept, but shouldn't. One that appears just to complex to unravel and make right.

So, I'm not in the cheeriest of moods (especially if I wander to thoughts on a global scale). There is something to be said for narrowing your focus and trying to deal with things on a more local level, worry about things that you can more directly effect or influence (like, let me think, your child's education !).

And I'll leave off there, because there's a few hundred things piling into my world at the moment and I know I could go on for hours tonight, but another jam packed day awaits in 6 hours.

Yes, there's lot's to talk about, sports, terrorism, time management and family - if only the world would stop for, say 8 hours now and again. Enough time to do a personal priority check up, look around and try and glimpse what's really happening to our world and of course, tell other people about your views, ideas and dreams.

Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proper Dick here.

Great to here from you bro, missed your banter lately. Sorry things have been so overwhelming, you need an intern to keep this blog on line alone, there is never enough time... perhaps the Fab Four had it right?

I often tell Carolyn that if I was able to dedicate 24hrs a day to the business, it still wouldn't be enough, I just have to force myself to let go, and put myself ahead of the cients and everyone else from time to time.

Cole's goal yesterday.... beaut!
Englands second half.... yikes!
Any news on Owen?

I'll let you go, talk to you soon.

Bro.

Anonymous said...

Properly Bummed here.

This just in.... Owen out until November with a torn ligament in his knee. Real loss for England. What will Sven do? Go to a single striker, use a Rooney/Crouch combo, go to a 4-3-3, or totally crazy, bring in the kid... who is Walcott anyway?

Thoughts?