Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cool stuff (for race fans anyway)


I Just popped downstairs to see some lunch time jazz at Dundas Square...but I think I got the day wrong...but I timed it just right to see a pit contest and promotional session for the American Le Mans Series race happening this weekend at Mosport.

We have plans this weekend, otherwise the event would have jumped to the top of my list of todos (
Speed channel are showing the race). I think I'll try and mark it in the calendar for 2007 though.

This was just a great chance to see some fabulous race cars up close. They had the teams from Dyson Racing (LMP1 class) and Corvette Racing (GT1) there doing pit stop demonstrations and they had our local boy Ron Fellows driving the Corvette in for the pit stop - loud and beautiful. They had a number of other race cars on show, including that wonderful Audi TDI diesel car that I put in this blog back in March - for car lovers.

Now you don't get to see stuff like this if your office is in the burbs. Yoohoo for working downtown in the great city of Toronto.

No comments: