Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Time to get back on the F1 bandvagon ?

I haven't watched a lot of F1 over the last x years, but it appears we may have a decent race to the finish of this year's championship.

In case you're not a fan or you've been out the loop, Michael Schumacher has announced his retirement, but there's lot of speculation, rumours and controversy around the decision which should make the last few races pretty interesting.

Dad found this good article on Schumacher's career which does a good job of telling a few different sides of the story.

I've never been a big fan of Schumacher, but I've got to say he's bloody good at his job.

6 comments:

PJMixer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PJMixer said...

Tiger: Schumi is the greatest

Anonymous said...

why aren't you mentioning the article I told you about regarding Briatore's comments? He said: "This is a world championship which has already been decided at the table" (that they would give it to Schumi). He then has been playing down his comments saying they were taken out of context.

True belief said in the spur of the moment (and now trying not to get fined)?

or really taken out of context?

only he knows.

This little battle is still not getting me back on the bandwagon. Find me some more likeable (with personality as well) drivers, a few more passes (and I mean after the first 5 laps, not just a fast car that started at the back), a few lead changes (and I don't mean during pit stops) and that will get me back.

This season has been better than in the past (passing wise) but that's still not enough for me. That's just my opinion, ... I could be wrong.

Anonymous said...

The only time I use the term "F1" these days is in reference to my many mistakes... as in "I F'd that 1 up".. other then that....I am completely out of the loop. Have not watched in years, and have not missed it at all.... Darts on TV is more gripping these days.

However, I did watch F1 many years ago, and schumi is a racing icon. I believe only those with the same proven track record have a right to comment, the rest can go back to whining not winning. so until Senna, Clark, or Fangio speak up and criticize Schumi, he stands beside them in my book

Dick

PJMixer said...

Except that Senna, Clark and Fangio can't speak up !

Anonymous said...

Thats the point.