Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Middle East - simplified

I've had enough horror movies for a while, so I got around to watching Kingdom of Heaven tonight. I really enjoyed it and I think I actually got a little more understanding of the Middle East and the everchanging face of the religious war. I am sure I'm grabbing too much from this, but here goes...

What "should be" important is what is in the minds and hearts of people, not what a piece of land means (or once meant). Jerusalem is worth nothing...and everything.

Wow, that's big. But I'll leave it at that.

Yes, lots more ideas (and big topics) scratched down and waiting for an impulse.

I hope I have a few readers left, please stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still here PJ....

That was a big idea.

I'd like to return to Jerusalem having last been there 20 years ago. Be interesting to sense any shift. I personally found it a place with a facinating mish-mash of historyreligionracegeographyfood - with a perceptable strange tranquility. And edge.

Look fwd to further musing - thanks for the post.

Cuz Dink