Sunday, February 18, 2007

A public apology on behalf of all loudmouths

Although I haven't specifically been called a loudmouth, I think I occasionally inhibit the charms of such. My specific style also seems to have a annoying element of selfishness to the point of being oblivious to the contributions and comments on others.

I apologize.


Unfortunately, alcohol appears to be a catalyst for this behaviour (like it is for many unpleasant characteristics). So the evening social is a perfect setting to view the loudmouth at his best.


To give you a
Being-John-Malkovich-like perspective, from the mind of the loudmouth, it appears the conversation is just ripping along, everyone is laughing and enjoying themselves and you just happen to be the centre of attention. Well, there's the rub, you shouldn't be (at least not for more than your fair share). Everyone should enjoy being the centre of attention at some point in a social evening.

Unlike this blog, which seems to an acceptable forum for a loudmouth, being one amongst valued friends and family is unacceptable.

In the fine words of Del Griffith "The last thing I want to be remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth... You know, nothing grinds my gears worse than some chowderhead that doesn't know when to keep his big trap shut... If you catch me running off with my mouth, just give me a poke on the chubbs...".

No comments: