Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Another mystery solved

Don't you just love it when you find something you've been looking for. The more important the item, the bigger the joy !

I was about to head to bed when I thought I'd have one more look.

I lost my passport about 3 hours ago.

I did have a backup plan for my visit to US in a few days, but I felt kinda queasy all night wondering where the hell I'd put it.

My logic went something like this...

Check usual place where we keep all of our passports. Not There. Double-check the draw. Think. Check work bag. Double-check. Look for hidden pocket (as this is a new bag). Think. Maybe in unchecked pocket of old bag when I did the bag move a few weeks ago. Not good enough. Need to know where it is now. Check a lot of shelves, nooks, draws. Check usual place again. Take out all the other passports and double check (George Carlin had this great old bit about losing stuff yeah found it first time). Leave it be for a while (knowing backup plan was about 90% foolproof). Still bugging me. Think. Do loop again. Noticed a folder that was in the old bag. Nope. But, the envelope next to it with old receipts that I took from the old bag - jackpot. Logical.

Another mystery solved. Good night.

No comments: