Friday, February 27, 2009

Sky Blues


Coventry City FC (The Sky Blues) were my home town football team growing up. I actually wasn't as big a fan of the game when I was younger (as I am now) but did manage to go to a few games, including accompanying my best friend Tommy who worked as an usher at Highfield Road. The team highlight that always remains very clear to me is their win over Spurs in the 1987 FA Cup. Many people have said that game was one of the best FA Cup finals ever.



For some reason, Cov City has had a good habit of progressing quite well in the FA Cup over the last few years. With Setanta sports at home, along with a few other soccer carrying stations, I've been lucky enough to see their 4th round game against Torquay United
(a little worrying) and the the tie against Blackburn Rovers in the 5th round (strong performance). Unfortunately I didn't see Tuesday's 1-0 win over Blackburn in the replay at Ricoh Arena. But the fantastic picture above seems to sum it up well. Next up, the quarter final at home to Chelsea next weekend - I hope that one is on the tele.

No comments: