Monday, October 26, 2009

Confusing lessons from Monday dinner night

You'll like this one guys.  Ladies, maybe you can explain it.

With the chaotic lives we live, I believe a little bit of a routine is a good thing.  I suggested to my wife this year that I would be happy to cook on Friday, Saturday and Monday nights.  I've been trying to uphold this new household tradition as best I can and my wife has been quite supportive although perhaps not enthusiastic about the regimen. 

My wife was kind enough to do the groceries today and she mentioned a few dinner choices as I was on my way home from work.  I like Italian food and I really like gnocchi, so I was pretty happy to hear it was one of the base ingredients for the potential Monday night menu.  Even better, my wife found a wonderful recipe in a Jamie Oliver book for mushroom and sage gnocchi.

The recipe was quite straight forward and very tasty and wholesome.  My wife made a few comments about the roughly torn pieces of sage and had a bit of a fit with a overly aggressive piece of garlic, but on the whole seemed to enjoy the meal.

I commented afterward about how I loved the meal and perhaps we could add it to our family menu and perhaps cook it for friends.  At which point she informed me she doesn't like sage.  I ask why she picked the recipe and she says she thought I'd like it.

The mysteries of the female reasoning and logic process continue to amaze and entertain.

4 comments:

PJMixer said...

And she just tells me she doesn't like gnocchi - hilarious.

Suzanne Sewell said...

As I recall, I made a comment about how I appreciated the large pieces of sage (as I moved them to the side of my plate) ;-)

I don't believe I said I didn't like gnocchi...I said I wasn't a big fan. I can take gnocchi or leave it...unless it's the one I had once in a restaurant and the sauce was to die for.

I stand by my comment. I thought you would like it and feel free to make it for our friends...maybe they would love it as much as you did.

Carolyn said...

These friends would love it if you made it for us! Gnocchi is also wonderful with a gorgonzola sauce. And a word to your lovely wife for whom you do the cooking - smile and enjoy! Threee nights a week!!!! Lucky you!!!

Kelly said...

Laughing too hard to comment right now...I love you guys!