Saturday, May 29, 2010

A few life lessons inspired by Nina and a dog

Just got back from walking Kooper and while in the rhythm of the walk and enjoying the smooth remixed sounds of Nina Simone I had an opportunity to reflect on my day and compile a modest list of some life lessons for the day:

  • Dogs are good.  They give you an excuse to get out of the house on a regular basis and they listen to anything you have to say.  And for men, yes, a dog is a perfect wing-dog to attract attractive ladies (proven tonight outside the event theatre on the corner).
  • If you have a evening of adult beverage indulgence in mind, a quick paced dog walk is a perfect way to freshen up and move from dinner wine to the next stage of the evening.
  • If you happen to have sustained a broken ankle at some point in the past and the hardware gets a little sore, then flat shoes are perhaps a better choice than supportive athletic shoes (this one may not apply to everyone).
  • Music can always create and change a mood.  Think of music as fashion for the soul.
  • If you've lost something and you really miss it, now and again, look for it again.  It's such a good feeling when you find something you've lost for a while (I found my iPod tonight).
  • In a pinch, a Blackberry is a decent stand-in for music if you've lost your iPod.  Actually the search feature is better and on my Blackberry (v5 OS), I can create new playlists that I can't do on my iPod Nano (2nd gen).
  • Whenever you get the chance, get out and enjoy your city - it will surprise you and show you sides of the city you may not know existed (I visited quite a few buildings today as part of Toronto's Doors Open event).

No comments: