Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Arts & Letters Club, Doors Open Toronto

On day two of exploring old and new buildings in Toronto during Doors Open, my wife and are spent some time at The Arts & Letters Club. Interesting old building in the heart of downtown Toronto that seems to step back in time. This artists studio is on the top floor and I can actually see the building right here from my office - I never knew this club existed until this week !

The shot was easy, although I made the mistake of asking if photography was allowed when I first walked in. The host at the front door said no photography was allowed because of copyright on the art, however after seeing many people taking shots of everything in the building, I didn't feel too guilty grabbing a few shots. I thought this studio was lovely, beautifully lit and roomy. I almost asked for a shot of the model posing, but felt it may have been a bit intrusive. I almost thought I may find a subject for my stranger project, however I felt quite insecure and uncomfortable in their presence.

No comments: