Friday, February 03, 2006

Hanging out with J.Lo


Well, not quite. But it got your attention.

Big shout out to my big party work friends (especially, SM, TB, DK, KH, ML, GM and PB) who made the late night events of this week a lot of fun.


Summary: Downtown Miami, not so nice; South Beach, a great way to spend a hell of a lot of money; weather: not fab, but a lot better than here; music - could do with a good dose of fab Brit tuneology.


Note that the party events of the week were paid in full by massive amounts of Powerpoint exposure starting at 8am, mind numbing rah-rahs from a Tony Robbins motivation speaker protege, Armageddon talk from guest speaker
Wesley Clark (although I actually did like his talk), constant Blackberry interruptions and customer "emergencies" and being away from my family for 6 days.

Other pluses for the trip were the real animals of Florida (gators in the Everglades National Park and dolphins in the harbour), and of course the golf (see previous post).

For those heading to South Beach with unlimited wads of cash, these hotel style hot spots are a must:
The Shore Club and Hotel Victor, and Nikki Beach would have been pretty cool if our company hadn't rented it out for the (earlier part of the) evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever sit back and think, "What kind of life am I really living?" AND, do you ever read what you write and wonder "WHY?"

From a guy who likes to keep people in check with reality.

PJMixer said...

I'm not certain what to read between the lines of your comment Mr. Magic ?

The reason for this blog is probably wrapped up in your question, i.e. I'm always thinking about the life I live and like to put some of it here for family and friends. I try to write with some spontaneity, and at the same time with a little depth and hopefully touch on some grittier items now and then.

Although I admit that occasionally I can be a little self indulgent, I strive to post on a variety of topics that hopefully someone can get an idea or chuckle from.