Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oliverio


I had a 4 day business trip to Orlando, Florida this week.  We were staying at The Grand Floridian, one of Disney's older properties.  As we were waiting for our shuttle bus to take us back to the airport I spotted what I thought was the best dressed staff / "cast member" I'd seen during my stay.  Oliverio is originally from Manhattan and has been working at Disney in Orlando for 18 years.  He started out helping transport guests from one resort to another and is now the head doorman for the Grand Floridian.  He's seen Presidents Clinton and Bush visit the hotel and met many celebrities.  He once met Oprah in her slippers.  She got into her limo and apologized for her casual look - she'd just got up an hour ago !  Oliverio said she was so down to earth.  The weather was cold during the week, but Oliverio didn't mind at all and it reminded him a little of NY, it helped of course, that he was dressed for it !

Oliverio is also #41 in my 100 stranger project.

No comments: