Thursday, July 08, 2010

Loblaws lighting


Loblaws lighting - #235/365, originally uploaded by PJMixer.
Once again on a Wednesday night I was looking for my daily shot and found some interesting evening subjects at Bayview and Sheppard. This was about 9pm and the light was going fast, but the sky was providing just enough ambient light and the bright lights of the grocery store allowed me to capture this handheld at 1/15 sec. I used a high ISO (1250) and my settings include high ISO NR.

I'm finding that I'm not very good at keeping the frame perfectly horizontal and vertically aligned and sometimes the natural lens distortion fools your eye in the viewfinder, so alas, this shot was slightly aligned using Photoshop's Straightening Tool. By the way, if you use this tool as often as I do, in the canvas option drop down, I choose "crop to remove background" to save a lot of editing time. However, I always try my best to align in-camera so I don't lose pixels with this crop feature.

No comments: