Tuesday, May 02, 2006

No soup for you !

Hopefully this very famous line rings a bell with the majority of you.

It's from one of the best Seinfeld episodes ever -
The Soup Nazi. Although I don't think the real Soup Man approves of the episode title, the fact is the soup is fantastic.

I'm just finishing a bowl of the Tomato Wild Rice here at my office. My office happens to be attached to the Eaton Centre here in Toronto and the debut location for
The Original SoupMan in Canada.

I had my doubts, had good could soup really be ? Well, let me tell you, it's good enough to write about ! It's not just soup, it's a meal, full of rich flavours, every bite is a joy, you don't want to get to the bottom of the bowl and you can't wait to sample the next one on the menu. I'm not kidding folks ! I had he Beef Barley last week and I'm still talking about it to my wife !


A little costly perhaps, but worth every penny, classy establishment for saying it's situated in the food court. I talked to the proprietor this afternoon, and the deal is this. The soups are made in Indianapolis, then shipped to Canada. All international food import rules taken care of. Soup Man downstairs simply reheats the soup and serves from the cauldrons on display. Delivered in a number of sizes (including a litre container I can take home for some lucky guests soon), with fresh bread, fruit and a little chocolate bar. Perfection !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for my sample! Why are you waiting for guests?

Anonymous said...

I should know better then to read your blog at lunch, when I'm hungry at work, with a can of lovely microwavable ravioli on my menu.... thanks bro, no really.. thanks!

I will have to see if the soup nazi has made his way to the DC area. Sounds fabulous.

Does your guy look like Pacino as well? "come back! One year!"

PJMixer said...

Not a Pacino-looker. Nice guy actually.

Anonymous said...

ok, finally got to sample the seafood bisque - no thanks to hubby - as I found it at the grocery store - yummm! worth every penny (or dollar)