Friday, September 07, 2007

One of those days

It's one of those days at the office.

I was going to be a good lad while things were a little quiet and make sure all my tech stuff is in order. But the IT gods are not on my side, issues with license keys, access to corporate servers and delays in getting data from our servers for a customer report- argh.

Even doing a little cleanup of my yahoo account (which is about as organized as my son's storage strategy for his PS2 games) was giving me problems with weird browser errors.


Hence, the reason I find a little time to write a few words here.
At least the camera crews have now gone from the office and we're back to the normal, efficient and quiet operation of a professional office environment.

It seems like there were about 100 people on the crew earlier this week. All crowded into our office lobby, using the boardroom for film scenes for the latest in
Bollywood moviemaking. This one was is called Lucky Charms. I did a little digging and didn't spot any connections to any other Bollywood or Indian production I may have stumbled over before, so I really didn't get too excited about the whole thing. It would have been a little different if I had to keep my conference calls a little quieter for Mr. Ritchie. I actually came out of my office at one point and almost walked right through a shot (well, slight exaggeration).

I've seen a few movie sets over the years, and unfortunately I'm never really impressed by the scene. It's far from any exotic notions of seeing dramatic Oscar-winning performances unfold in front of your very eyes. It's more like having all your university pals move the lighting equipment for a Rolling Stones tour while your mum is trying to set the table for dinner.

Let me check what help I'm getting on the above mentions arghs, back in a sec (I'm guessing)...

No comments: