Monday, October 29, 2007

Smile

Just got off the subway - a middle-aged African lady caught my attention as I was standing waiting to exit the train. What was so beautiful about her was her smile. If she hadn't been smiling, I'm sure I have have ignored her and gone about my day and not written this blog. But her smile was infectious. She just looked so happy in conversation with a friend.

The other smile I saw today in the paper was Paris Hilton. I don't have a lot to say about Ms. Hilton and I don't find her that attractive. But the picture in the Post this morning was a very unusual shot of her, she was smiling, a big open-mouthed happy smile (not her usual smirk). I almost didn't recognize her. It was a beautiful photo.

So, looking elsewhere today, see how many people you see smiling, ignore the others (unless they're the customer on the other side of the table, your boss or someone in need). Look at those smiles, those happy faces and let it put a smile on your face. Just think how nice it would be to ride the subway or sit in traffic and everyone around you was smiling.

I heard a few weeks ago about the positive tone in your voice when you smile (even recognized when you're talking on the phone). So, smile when you're on the phone today too !

1 comment:

carolyn sewell said...

hey, nice photo!!! :o)