Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grant, Peter and Lisa with my son

The day of my son's golf tournament in Acton coincided with the England / Germany game - although scheduling was a little tight we managed to fit in breakfast and the game before my son's afternoon starting tee time. I found this great pub in nearby Georgetown aptly called The St. George. Peter was standing outside the pub waiting for it to open as my son and I arrived. Peter lives across the street and as you can see he is a Manchester United fan as well as a big fan of the Toronto Blue Jays. His friends Grant and Lisa arrived and I asked for a group stranger shot. We sat together for breakfast and the game talking about the World Cup, but also a lot about the G20 riots that happened in Toronto the night before. Their connections with England are Grant's Mom is from the Manchester area and of course is a Man U fan as well, and Lisa's Mom is from Liverpool. It was really nice meeting them all even though we shared in the sadness of yet another England loss at the World Cup.

Grant, Peter and Lisa are #65 in my 100 strangers project. Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers at www.100Strangers.com.

No comments: