Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Scarborough scaffolding

I rarely visit Scarborough Town Centre mall, but I had a meeting close by and I needed to pick something up from there. And of course as a true photographer I try to always have my camera with me because you never know what you'll find (if you're looking).

Not a lot was immediately that interesting or unusual until I came across the large renovation they were doing in the centre of the mall. As I looked up, I could see some interesting lines, angles and textures so I started snapping away.

A few lessons learned: always check the basics - I had left the camera in manual mode and wondered why the first exposures were off; and on Nikon's menu system you need to always remember to hit done after changing a lot of the settings. I had tweaked the custom image optimization settings, but forgot to hit done, so the settinbg went back to vivid - which as it happened, was ok for the shot.

No comments: