Saturday, July 01, 2006

Game day (quarter final)

Just over an hour to the England vs Portugal quarter final game...still foggy in the head after a date night last night downtown.

All English hopes are on the boys to pull through today, lots of questions, doubts and fears...


Is this the game for Rooney to break loose ? Can he keep his cool ?

How much will Portugal miss Deco and Ronaldo
?
How fit is Gary Neville?

Is there any chance we'll see the Walcott kid play ?

How many yellow and red cards today ?

...and will PJ's personal calendar get more complicated or fall into place ?


Which is the other (personal) melodramatic story developing here - my ever-changing business schedule and trying to: see the remaining games; focus on a critical customer project (one of about 5 at the moment); attend a technical conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia; and help the family prepare for my sister-in-law's wedding and entertaining out-of-town guests (staying in our "massive" house) within the next two weeks ! Two big problems - playing the odds with England's chances to advance with the fact the first (important) event of the Halifax conference happening at the exact same time as the WC final; delays with my customer suggest most of my on-site time is needed the week I'm supposed to be in Halifax and the week building up to the wedding (when I'd much rather prefer some golf time with my visiting brother-in-law).


Something's gotta give.


An hour to kickoff, gotta make breakies and a cuppa


ENG-GER-LAND

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rather than doubts and fears, I think you should have written Hopes and Fears (ok, I know you already wrote about Keane, but besides the game, I'm also excited about Edgefest later on today - Keane twice in one week, what else can a girl ask for?). Will we see more Canadian flags (for Canada Day) or England flags at the concert?

Speaking of music, Phil's England mix this morning is inspirational...Sing it for England, you have the World at Your Feet, get All Together Now, Come on England. Will it be a 4-4-2? Bring the trophy home to you!!

PJMixer said...

Young Stanley's Sing it for England is the one that really speaks to me, a tear in my eye - listening to those blokes.