Friday, July 07, 2006

Recent observations

Fashion ? Ok, I think I understand why some kids leave the tag on the baseball caps, but what are people thinking leaving the tag on their suit sleeve ? You know the tag I mean, the one that says the brand, perhaps size and colour info with those little annoying four corner stitches.

Charity ?
Pulled up to a traffic light and saw a pan handler getting ready to ask for some cash with a sign that begins "so broke..."...he was messing with something in his pocket and around his neck. Sure enough as a pull closer, he's got a small MP3 player around his neck. What's wrong with this picture !

Obesity ?
Trying not to be cruel here, but the cashier at the grocery store yesterday was a structural marvel. I actually think her arms were shorter than her width (not waist), width ! When a grocery item came to a stop on the conveyor belt she couldn't reach it - I almost LOL'ed (but that would have been cruel). But isn't the ability to reach the food on the conveyor belt part of the job requirement ? Weird clumps of fat filling out her sub 5' frame, her watch was actually buried into the folds of skin on her wrist. And not even a compensating cheery demeanor either. No hello, no thank you for shopping, no you're welcome. Rather gruff (but then again you probably can't blame her).

The ozone ? Dennis Miller recently observed - you know why we're depleting the ozone layer ? Because of the all the smokers that now have to smoke outside ! What's worse, a stinky office or global warming ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the Panhandler topic, my similar observation came when I noticed the "pan handler" had these great doc marten-type knee-high boots that I wanted...I had been contemplating the boots and couldn't afford them. So my comment (in my head) was, no way are you getting my money when you've got nicer boots than I do!