Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Don't people check the weather in the morning ?

I saw some interesting sites today on the street, everything from the wannabe surf dude on his long board with the faded t-shirt, to the scarf huggin student, to the odd looking young studious type in the 'hood with the ski gloves on.

It seems at this time of the season, people get a little confused with the weather, their internal thermometers are out of whack or they're just mesmerized by the fall colours and thinking about sub-zero temps around the corner. Don't these people check the weather before they head out to face the big bad world ? For me, it's usually a local weather check on CP24, or the official story from Environment Canada.

The day ranged from: a brisk walk to the subway; a bright cheery view from inside my office; to the blustery walk at lunch (made a little more pleasant by a belly full of Salad King's thai curry and a decent espresso on the return leg); to a bloody cold night.

I also fell victim a few times to the confusing climate today, including trying on spring/fall jackets at a store during my lunch "hour" - I just couldn't decide - 3-in-1 jobbie with the removable lining, the micro fibre bulky number or a sporty model - I gave up !

Bro - what the link for the wonderfully funny, fashion related, Orange Line Spy ? Wanted to finish with a related link !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sewell Legal US Alien here:

The Orange Line Spy link is: orangelinespy.blogspot.com/

However, rumor is that she might have been taken by Vogue counter-fashionists since we have not seen a new post in some time!

Also, I Posted some movie info, but it is in last weeks comments, you might have to dig a little.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Legal Alien again:

In response to Pete's earlier comment about "Lost"... Carolyn and I are loyal fans, loved season 1, season two cuold be "pants"... jury still out.

"House"... best show on TV today.

Dick

PJMixer said...

Agree on House - great show. I like it when then show the inner event when things go awry, bones snapping, white blood cells being overpowered - makes me want to dig around for that play-lab microscope !

Hugh Laurie is fab - I'm even getting used to his phony accent. Would a Brit accent make it more funny - hum - discuss !

Anonymous said...

AmeriBrit Here.

Interesting, I find his Americano not bad at all. I made an observation lately that it seems the British accent is again incredibly fashionable on TV. Seems like every commercial from Toilet paper to DSL has some British guy talking. I suppose Americans believe the accent implies higher standards... sort of like carpentry!

I am sort of glad House didn't fall into this trap. His pompousness is pretty hillarious as an American, its less expected. I especially like his banter with the guy from Dead Poets... perfect counter-part.

Biggest question is "who is the sexiest actor (excluding Laurie of cause)... Cutty? Ex-Girlfriend? Young intern? Discuss?

Suzanne Sewell said...

Agree re House - great great show. Sexiest actor? no discussion needed - Aussie guy of course but perhaps I'm just a sucker for accents (and pretty boys - as was mentioned during an England game where Phil mentioned some average looking player was good looking (paraphrasing)- only Michael Owen need apply for sexiest English footballer).

Now what about the woman on House? Love her. Originally saw her in Relativity (tv show I loved but not many others did - it got cancelled a long time ago) then would spot her in other things like West Wing, Ally McBeal... Glad to see her on a show I like again.