Saturday, October 08, 2005

The trouble with blogs

I know this is only my 4th post, but already there are a few problems (in case you're thinking of doing this yourself)...

Problem #1. What happens when you don't have an opportunity to enter a post on a particular day (or two). Who said that blogs need to be daily ? For example, the
blogs that the a couple of brainy people at my company, Entrust, put out, seem to have a pretty irregular schedule of postings. I imagine that whatever readers I had, have already given up !

One theory I have on this problem is that people are creatures of habit...ergo, if they get in the habit of doing something on a daily (or any regular) basis, then you're in, otherwise your blog is like an over-advertised tourist trap on the information highway. [I have some ideas on creatures of habit that will have to wait for another day].


I did try and see if there is a log of visitors to the blog (a blog log perhaps?) - but can't find it. Consequently I'm not sure who's actually reading this stuff - problem #2. Maybe I should just consider this an online personal journal, and on occasion direct a friend here for a relevant read.


Problem #3. Rich said that you have to go through quite an arduous process to enter a comment on this blog. And once you do enter a comment, you can only tell who wrote the comment by some contextual language mind meld extrapolation. Why do I and others feel uncomfortable revealing their true identity out here ?


All that said, drop me a line if you're visiting this blog regularly and what you expect to read.


Sidedish - an interesting alternative to a regular blog is a photoblog, my favourites are
Spacing and topleftpixel. Some other TO photoblogs can be found at www.photopia.tyo.ca/applestore. The good news, you don't need to write much, the bad side, you've got to be a great digital photographer. I don't' feel right leaving this paragraph without mentioning the real photographer of the family and his great pics.

So to leave you with some actual content, here's a great pic a friend emailed me the other day.


No comments: